Casper Høg

Character Designer, Illustrater, Animator
I'm a professional Character Designer with a specialty in Cartoony art style. I love to draw and challenge my art. So I made a art project where I design RawRobots and turn them in to "meaning full" print designs when they are done.

Why I manufacture Raw Robots!

https://www.rawrobots.com/

RawRobots is my ongoing personal project that was born from a lifelong fascination of robots. 🤖❤️🤖
It is where I challenge myself to grow as a character and concept designer. 

I work as a professional character designer in the Animation and Game industry. One day at work, a friend was wearing a t-shirt with a print of a cool looking robot arm with a ton of details.
I tried to get one as well but it was sold out. 
So I searched for days and found that robot t-shirt designs were in general too graphical flat for my taste or for kids only. 

For adult men there is 4 types of t-shirt designs :
1. Just a logo of one of the big brands. 
2. Existing movie IP's 
3. Text of a joke
4. Graphical text and graphical pictures with no deeper meaning. 

I always loved t-shirts with funny and cool drawings. When I was a kid I would spend all my allowance on t-shirts and comics.

Combining my passions I wanted to make a t-shirt with a combination of graphical letters with a meaningful message or a joke and a cool looking robot. 

I started drawing on paper so it didn't feel like working after sitting all day drawing on a computer. 

I read somewhere that if you want to understand and learn how to draw a subject matter. You need to draw it 100 times. 
So setting out to do that rawrobots.com was born.

The robots that I draw on paper are numbered!
So not counting sketches and the digital drawings, I'm currently working at robot number 28.

I want them to make you think of a story when you see them! And to stand out and feel reel! 
So they need to have a believable functional design, 
a shape language that is original, 
expression and personality in their character! 

There is a big difference between a good design and a good drawing. 
I'm always trying to do both! 

I find it extremely hard and challenging and sometimes frustrating to come up with robot designs.
But I love to challenge myself and the harder the challenge the more fulfilling the result is. So completing a robot drawing fills me with joy and a sense of calm. 
So I guess you can say I draw robots to find peace!

Please join me on the journey of going to robot number 100 or more. 
You can support my art by liking, follow and subscribing or buying a t-shirt 🙏❤️🤖 

Thanks for reading🤖
Like Comment

https://www.rawrobots.com/

Hi fellow Spreadshop owners :) I'm a professional Character Designer with a specialty in Cartoony art style. I love to draw and challenge my art. So I made a art project where I design RawRobots and turn them in to "meaning full" print designs when they are drawn and sell in them in two Spreadshirt shops. Hope you like them 🙂
 https://shop.spreadshirt.dk/rawrobots
Like Comment